- Special Committee on Effective Regulation
- Steering Committee on Regulatory Capital
- Insurance Regulatory Committee
- Senior Accounting Group
- Committee on Governance and Industry Practice
- Chief Risk Officer Fora
- Comment Letters & Notes
- Global Regulatory Update
- Regulatory Events in Review
Providing fora for emerging-market regional dialogue
The IIF’s Regulatory Affairs Department provides fora for articulating emerging-market regional views on international financial regulatory policy reform proposals. The IIF initiatives for the four emerging markets areas (Middle East/North Africa; Asia/Pacific; Central/Eastern Europe; Latin America) include:
- Regional meetings and conference calls for member firms to express viewpoints, raise region-specific concerns, and make recommendations in the regulatory debate on implementation of Basel accords.
- Chief Risk Officer (CRO) Fora for the Middle East/North Africa (MENA), Asia-Pacific and Latin America regions to discuss regional risk-management challenges and priorities.
- Regulatory briefings to regional CEO meetings organized by the IIF, providing input on international banks’ views at other regional meetings of the industry.
- Meetings between industry and supervisory agencies in the regions, organized to discuss key regulatory and risk
Depending on the project, regional working groups either issue their own reports or incorporate their views into broader Institute projects.